How long, O Yahweh? Will you forget me forever?
How long will you hide your face from me?
How long must I take counsel in my soul,
and sorrow in my heart all the day?
How long will my enemy be exalted over me?
Consider and answer me, O Yahweh my God.
Give light to my eyes
lest I sleep the sleep of death,
and lest my enemy should say, “I have overcome him,”
lest my enemies rejoice because I am shaken.
But as for me, I have trusted in your steadfast love.
My heart will rejoice in your deliverance.
I will sing to Yahweh
because he has dealt bountifully with me.
(The Lexham English Bible (Bellingham, WA: Lexham Press, 2012), Ps 13)
- It is ok to ask God hard questions.
- It is ok to get in God’s face.
- It is ok to call God by name.
- It is ok to be angry with God.
- It is ok to feel abandoned by God.
- In the end, we should trust God. He is trustworthy.